Thursday, March 12, 2015

Frogs, and Turtles, and Birds, Oh My!

Almost all caught up with the Elephant Parade Quilt Along! Lorna at Sew Fresh Quilts has designed this cute quilt and I couldn't help but gather fabric and join.

So cute!
The frog block came together pretty quickly...Just need eyes on this guy!


Blind ribbit

The turtle went together just as quickly...except something was wrong...

What's with all the extra fabric on the top piece?
I kept looking and looking and couldn't figure out what I had done wrong. I was JUST about to trim down the block so the top piece fit the bottom...when I moved something to grab my rotary cutter and saw the tail section. Phew! Disaster averted!

Sooo much better! :)
I got the frog and turtle put together in one Maggie nap (45 minutes). Yay, me!

I tackled the birds the after I put Maggie down for the night. I thought I was being careful with the instructions, but clearly something went wrong.


I'm not exactly sure how I'm gonna fix these guys. I have to ponder that and let you know later.

Lorna posted the instructions for the flowers on Sunday, so that is what I will be working on this week. Check those out here. Linking up with the Let's Bee Social linky party!



More to come,























2 comments:

  1. Looking lovely! I'm definitely going to have a go at the tortoise!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all Lorna's blocks in this quilt, and I love yours, too. If you've not made the red flower, just look under it and find the right size of the upper white piece. It should be 1,5" x 4,5". Good luck with the rest.

    ReplyDelete