Monday, March 16, 2015

Maggie's First Birthday Chalkboard

Miss Maggie's birthday is coming up in 9 days. I can't believe that time has gone so fast! I return to work in a short 7 days! Crazy.

So in planning Maggie's birthday party, I want to keep it simple. I mean, she's not going to remember, so no need to go cray-cray. So, the theme is stripes. Target is in the middle of being liquidated here in Canada, so I got stripey invitations, large plates, a paper bunting banner, a make your own message banner and plates at pretty good prices. Oh, and thank you cards and loot bags.

As I was searching around for other ideas, I came across millions many blog posts about chalkboard posters. This trend is probably passé, but I really like it. I am not crafty enough to make an actual poster by hand, so I chose to use PowerPoint to create the poster. Several days and many computer hours later, here is the (almost) finished product:


I even figured out how to make it a jpeg so that I can get it printed as a photo for Maggie's baby book. There are some small things I need to tweek, like updating her weight and height, and I just noticed the little gap in the "I love" section, I'll have to fix that. Other than that, I love it!  I am going to go to Staples to see how much it will cost to make into an 11"x17" poster to hang at the party. I can also upload the JPEG file to Shutterfly and make smaller prints.

More to come,








No comments:

Post a Comment